We are committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and all personal information. This document summarizes the collection, use and disclosure of your information in accordance with PIPEDA regulations. We will always behave in a responsible and professional manner, and in accordance with the law.
Contact information such as names, home addresses, and telephone numbers are used for the following purposes:
- To open and update patient files.
- To invoice patients for dental services, to process credit card payments, or to collect unpaid accounts.
- To process claims for payment or reimbursement from third-party health benefits providers and insurance companies on your behalf.
- To send reminders to patients concerning the need for continuing care treatment.
- To send information or correspondence related to our dental practice and services.
Health, Medical and Dental Information is collected, recorded and used for the purpose of diagnosing dental conditions and providing dental treatment. The patient has the right to view, and request corrections, to his or her medical/dental records at any time. However, this information remains the property of the dentist or practice.
A patient’s Medical/ Dental information may be disclosed:
- To a third party health benefit providers and insurance companies where the patient has submitted a claim for reimbursement or payment of all, or part, of the cost of dental treatment or has asked us to submit a claim on their behalf.
- To other dentists and specialists, where we are seeking a second opinion, or are referring the patient for treatment, or have had the patient referred to our care, and the patient has consented to this professional consultation or referral.
- To other healthcare professionals, such as physicians or pharmacists, when treatment or follow up is required by referral, prescription, or consultation, and the patient has consented.
- To a professional dental lab or denturist, when required, to fabricate prosthetics as outlined in the accepted treatment protocol.
- To a professional association (for example: Alberta Dental Association) as a part of its regulatory and audit procedures.
please call us: 403-239-7181 or use the website to contact us.
We are committed to the protection and appropriate, professional use and disclosure of your information. We review our policies on a regular basis and we never disclose or sell any list of names.
Your feedback is always appreciated.
Thank you for the opportunity of serving you.
Your Millennium Smile, Crowfoot Dental team